Steering Committee Meeting Notes 3.12.19
Pastor Robey, Seventh Avenue Baptist Church Dauntea Sledge, CPO
- Chris asked about security monitoring. Suggested that there may be a service that charges less for the service.
- Chris will report back with a revised list of budget items.
connections. Suggestionis to bring baked goods or coupons. Omar will communicate the request.
- Omar will make an email intro with Laura K and coffee connections.
- Raffle – add contact info? Some had concerned that incorrect info would be provided or illegible. Have a laptop and
- We discussed the possibility of a beer garden to provide an
adult friendlyactivity as well as a fundraiser for the festival.
- Pastor Roby: make sure we get
buy infrom the elders
- Laura Kogan will research the topic further to see if it would actually be a revenue producer
General membership meeting.
- We discussed moving the civic mtg to Thursdays to better align with
otherinstitutional monthly programming. We agreed to propose the date change during the march civic mtg.
- Omar will ask the community connectors to make the reminder calls a week early. They also need to include language about it being a potluck
- Omar will ask Kimberly Golden to be the MC.
- Laura will ask if Ms. Dixon will conduct the ice breaker.
- Laura will see if Ashley (Ms. Dixon’s daughter) will
caterthe main dish for the potluck. Our budget is $100?
- In an effort to get more nominations for
outstandingneighbor we will pass out the ballots instead of encouraging everyone to nominate at the front desk
- Omar will make the playlist and bring a speaker
- Omar will bring plates and utensils
- Lydia will bring the world map
Laura will see if Rory can commit to the April mtg then we can work on the programming based on that
Godman Guild Community Center
we talked about the letter of support for Godman Guild’s community center plans. The conclusion was that we should ask for clearer commitments regarding the center’s benefits for all neighbors – thinking especially of low-income neighbors – before providing a letter.
Collaboration with Neighborhood Churches and WPCCA
Pastor Robey said he and Pastor Byler of Veritas are working on plans to start neighborhood conversations about race relations.